Monday, December 29, 2014

My life in Cambodia


 This is me.

These are the things that crawl around while I sleep. It's a beetle, about half the size of your thumb. They're also the stupidest creatures on the planet. They can fly, but always flit about like a drunk man in a helicopter, crashing into walls and the ceiling.

These are some of my students, I volunteer at a nearby school and I teach English to some of the kids around town. They're happy because they got t-shirts from a volunteer.

This is them cleaning up our classroom. The fellow in back is our Khmer teacher- his name is Passet and he helps with the translating.

This is the general road condition (dirt / gravel) and the general backdrop. (ocean) We did get a few paved roads put in last year though.

This is where I spend most of my days. Seriously. The water is almost as warm as bathwater, and it's a joy to swim in. Why would I leave?

This is what I play with. Cambodia is full of wild cats and dogs. They breed like crazy, so there are oodles of puppies and kittens.

 
This is us trying out our first art day. It was, as expected, chaos. I never should have brought out the glitter. There is still glitter all over our floors and tables.


 
This is the the kids playing after class. I have to maintain order or they'll fight over the frisbee. They're great kids though, and I really enjoy playing around with them.


Here are some cute monkeys. A friend showed them to me, in a random spot of the jungle. It's not part of a nature reserve or a zoo, it's just where they hang out.

 
Here's a video of some cute, baby monkeys.


This is a scorpion. A living one. A friend of mine found it at her hostel and kept it as a pet. His name is Napoleon and he's huge. Yea, don't walk barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment